Research and Development
We specialise in the area of advanced Data Warehousing (DW) and Business Intelligence. We are currently working on a project, under the banner of “Atlas”; this project is about identifying new roads in DW as a discipline, the underpinning aims can be summarised as follows:
To develop a standard re-usable DW methodology as a “package”.
To create a new DW descriptive language, nominally a DWML (Data Warehouse Mark-up Language)
- Allowing multiple deployment – streamlining deployment
- Producing significant savings in failed implementations
- Create common scenarios and relationships with other business data
Utilise open-source technology to produce standardised support tools
- Increasing reliability of end product
- Huge saving in costs of standard licensed software products
- Re-usability and development by the open-source community
It is our view that the development of this DWML and the standards it comprises will put us in a unique position to offer lower TCO and open up the SME market to viable DW projects.