SAP integration solutions
Extract more value
from SAP software
As a long-time SAP Partner and experienced systems integrator, we're experts at connecting SAP to all kinds of business software. Our SAP integration solutions are tailored to help you:
- squeeze more revenue from your SAP software
- launch new business models with SAP at the heart
- beat the technical challenges of SAP integration
Expert SAP system integrators
We simplify SAP integration
SAP integration doesn’t have to be complex or costly. With our decades-long SAP partnership and a highly experienced integration team, we deliver streamlined and cost-effective SAP integration solutions. By choosing us, you will benefit from specialist SAP system integrators who provide:
Make life easier for your sales, HR, service, and marketing teams with real-time SAP data integration.
Get added value from your on-premise SAP systems by connecting them to any kind of cloud software.
Easily enrich non-SAP software from Salesforce, Oracle, Microsoft, and more with SAP data.
Integrate SAP into a modular IT architecture that’s easy to expand and reconfigure into the future.
Use standard SAP connectors and SAP integration templates to kick-start your development.
Use APIs to run old and new SAP systems in parallel, so you can migrate at the speed of your business.
Learn more about our SAP integration solutions
Effective SAP integration solutions
Smart SAP connectivity
SAP is often the heart of business IT — which is why SAP third-party integration is so important. Our SAP integration solutions provide transformative improvements in sales, customer service, business partnerships, onboarding, and more. Below are some real-life examples of what we achieve.
SAP CRM integration
Improve sales productivity
Because of the many types of data involved — inventory, pricing, quoting, and orders — the order-to-cash (O2C) process is ripe for automation. And for many businesses this automation requires SAP third-party integration, frequently with Salesforce. Our SAP CRM integration solutions help you:
- empower sales with SAP data through their CRM
- ensure accurate customer data across the business
- increase sales productivity and job satisfaction
SAP ERP integration
Increase customer retention rates
To satisfy today’s digital customers, service agents need a unified view of their customers plus the ability to transact. Achieving this requires SAP ERP integration with software such as Salesforce Service Cloud. Our SAP integration solutions for customer service provide:
- greater efficiency from customer service operations
- seamless customer experiences that improve retention
- increased revenue by empowering service agents to upsell
SAP data integration
time and cost
As the number of business applications continues to grow, so does the need for cost-effective integration. That’s why flexibility and reusability are the cornerstones of our SAP integration solutions. Our approach of modular microservices and APIs means each SAP third-party integration can be easily replicated and modified as needed.
- adopt the latest technology without integration concerns
- reconfigure your integrations easily as technology evolves
- cut the cost of integrating new data and applications
Need help with SAP integration solutions?
SAP third-party integration
Connect SAP to anything
Without in-depth knowledge, SAP’s own integration methods are tricky to connect to non-SAP software. As experienced SAP system integrators, we are experts in the key SAP integration formats:
- Intermediate Documents (IDocs)
- Business application programming interface (BAPI)
- SAP Java Connector (JCo)
- Open Data Protocol (OData)
- Advanced business application programming (ABAP)
- Remote Function Call (RFC)
Looking for something else? This isn’t an exhaustive list of the technologies we integrate.
Microsoft SQL Server
Legacy and custom applications
SAP iPaaS integration
Integrate SAP in the cloud
An integration platform as a service (iPaaS) is often the most cost-effective and future-proof vehicle for SAP third-party integration. We bring our impartial expertise to the leading iPaaS vendors, ensuring you the best value for money.
Azure Integration Services
Azure iPaaS is a powerful, scalable, and cost-effective platform for SAP integration solutions. It provides the flexibility to connect on-premise and cloud-based SAP software to any data or applications, with custom business logic.
See Azure SAP features
Azure’s SAP connectors work with the SAP IDoc, BAPI, and RFC integration methods. Use low-code Azure Logic Apps to perform the following SAP integrations:
- Send to SAP: Either IDoc, BAPI, or RFC, with a payload in XML format.
- Receive from SAP: A webhook-based operation that’s triggered when the gateway receives an SAP IDOC or BAPI function call.
- Generate Schemas: Enables data mapping of the SAP interface, so you can create an IDoc, RFC, or BAPI message structure for your SAP system.
Dell Boomi Platform
A recognised leader in Gartner’s Enterprise iPaaS Magic Quadrant for six years running, Boomi is one of the most popular iPaaS. Boomi reduces the time, cost, and complexity of SAP third-party integration via the Boomi SAP Connector.
See Boomi SAP features
The Boomi SAP Connector connects to SAP NetWeaver via BAPIs, Remote-enabled Function Modules (RFMs), and IDocs. This enables three types of action:
- GET: for BAPI/Remote Function Module (RFC type communication)
- SEND: for Inbound IDoc processing
- LISTEN: for Outbound IDoc processing or receiving IDocs
MuleSoft Anypoint Platform
MuleSoft’s Anypoint platform features pre-built SAP connectors and templates for popular software such as Salesforce, Workday, and Amazon. MuleSoft also makes it easier to build custom APIs and integrations for SAP.
See MuleSoft SAP features
MuleSoft’s SAP Connector enables you to:
- Execute BAPI functions over the RFC protocol, supporting the following types:
- Synchronous RFC (sRFC)
- Transactional RFC (tRFC)
- Queued RFC (qRFC)
- Act as a JCo Server to be called as a BAPI over sRFC, tRFC and qRFC
- Send IDocs over tRFC and qRFC
- Receive IDocs over tRFC and qRFC
- Transform SAP objects (JCo Function/BAPI & IDocs) to and from XML
- Execute BAPI functions over the RFC protocol, supporting the following types:
Get advice on the best iPaaS for your SAP integrations.
Frequently asked questions
Answers from SAP system integrators
These are some of the questions we most often encounter as SAP system integrators. If you have another query, or simply want to know more about our SAP integration services, please get in touch.
What are the challenges of SAP integration?
One of the benefits of SAP software is its high level of customisation. But when it comes to SAP third-party integration, this customisation can add great complexity. This in turn drives up the cost and time needed to provide the SAP integration solutions required. And as companies take on more software or undergo mergers and acquisitions, these challenges grow.
On top of this, SAP uses a variety of proprietary integration methods such as IDocs and BAPIs. This creates a need for large teams of developers with specialised skills, whose time is accordingly expensive. And because SAP systems are often business-critical, businesses can’t afford to postpone their SAP integration projects.
The answer to these challenges is a specialist SAP system integrator with expertise in the latest iPaaS integration tools. For an example of our approach, take a look at how we achieved SAP ERP integration for a global manufacturer.
Can I connect on-premises SAP systems to the cloud?
Yes. Each of the leading iPaaS — Azure, Boomi, and MuleSoft — supports integration between on-premises SAP systems and cloud applications. The exact method depends on the iPaaS and the SAP system to be connected.
For a guide on one way to achieve on-premise SAP integration, see our article “Achieving SAP HANA integration with Azure via an ASP.NET Core API”.
How can I choose the right SAP system integrator?
A good SAP system integrator should have two core features:
- in-depth knowledge of a wide variety of SAP software
- proven integration experience across platforms and technologies
As an SAP Partner with 30 years’ integration experience, Influential is especially equipped for the niche of SAP integration solutions.
To find out more about the pros and cons of system integrators, see our article “How to select a systems integrator for greatest value”.
Let’s get digital
We’re eager to hook you up with SAP integration solutions. Send us a message to start the ball rolling.