At the time of this project, the organisation relied heavily on HR records that were strewn with duplicate and inaccurate data. The HR team was in desperate need of a way to cleanse and unify this data.
The drawbacks of working from disparate data sources were:
- duplicated data led to HR inaccuracies
- regulatory risk of mishandling HR documents
- tracking down HR data was time intensive
The organisation needed a data storage solution that would be able to meet the regulatory requirements of the business confidently. It was also important for the client to quickly identify and resolve duplicate data. Finally, the client needed a process that could report on the percentage of records containing data within certain identified fields
Essentially, the organisation needed to find ways to:
- save time searching for personnel data
- reduce human error in their HR operations
It was clear that efficient data management solutions were needed to overcome these HR challenges.