Based on our reputation as CMS development experts, the company engaged us to deliver its website redesign. At the same time we proposed delivering a new CMS in Umbraco, a highly customisable and secure content management platform.
For the user-facing part of the website, we would develop HTML templates to match design files from the company’s design agency. But through Umbraco CMS customisation, we would enable marketing to make any changes to the content as needed.
Our CMS development team broke the project into two phases:
- Design, including a plan of the website architecture, list of features to be developed, and set-up of project management tools.
- Development, including:
- set-up of web development and test environment
- development of HTML templates based on design assets
- creation of an Umbraco framework to host the site
- development of Umbraco features for marketing use
Once development was complete, we also provided Umbraco training so the marketing team could get started straight away.