With the latest releases of Excel, Sharepoint and SQL Server, Microsoft are seriously entering the BI space.
- Microsoft Excel 2010 has many new and improved features for visualizing data, access to workbooks via mobile devices, plus new options for collaboration on the web. As part of the managed self-service BI solutions, IT can also maintain integrity, stability and control
- PowerPivot is an add-in to Microsoft Excel 2010. Taking advantage of familiar Excel functionality and features, users can create powerful data mashups based on xVelocity in-memory technologies allowing for an unmatched analytical performance to process billions of rows at the speed of thought. PowerPivot also facilitates sharing and collaboration through Microsoft SharePoint Server with integrated refresh scheduling and report previews.
- PerformancePoint Dashboards and Scorecards provide advanced filtering, analytics and business performance monitoring, quickly surfacing answers to user’s questions.
- Excel Services enable increased productivity and decision making by allowing employees to share their own workbooks and analyze business insights in a collaborative, managed and secure environment.
- Power View empowers SharePoint users to rapidly explore data visually and interactively, easily create a story, present and share reports effortlessly. Power View is powered by SQL Server 2012 Reporting Services.
- IT Management dashboards provide administrators with line-of-sight into the content that end users build and publish to SharePoint. Allow IT to manage and protect data without hampering creativity.
- Reporting Services (SRSS) is a platform for development and deployment of professionally looking, richly formatted operational and ad-hoc reports. Power View empowers users to rapidly explore data visually and interactively, easily create a story, present, and share reports effortlessly.
- Analysis Services (SSAS) is a platform for building rich and high performance analytical models (multidimensional, tabular and data mining) that can be used for interactive data analysis, reporting, visualization and predictive analysis using a number of BI tools.
- Integration Services (SSIS) helps you connect and transform disparate data sources with a scalable enterprise data integration platform with exceptional extract, transform, and load (ETL) capabilities.
- Data Mining provides new business insights, a reliable basis for forecasting and a comprehensive data-mining development environment.
- Master Data Services (MDS) ensure that the integrity of information and consistency of data is maintained across a wide array of applications.
- Data Quality Services (DQS) is a new offering of SQL Server 2012 allowing customers to cleanse, match, standardize, and enrich their data to deliver trusted information for business intelligence, data warehouse, and transaction processing workloads.
- Data Warehousing helps your business reduce long-term storage requirements and generate reports faster with solutions that aggregate, compress, and store data in a dynamic, scalable, and integrated system.
If you would like to talk to us about a business intelligence solution, software solution or any IT project you need to deliver successfully, please contact us or join us for a chat at the world famous Searcys rooftop bar of our landmark London office – 30 St Mary Axe.